Mill Site Specific Plan (2012)
The City Council is leading the effort to rezone the 320-acre Mill Site, located just west of downtown Fort Bragg. The rezoning process will include a comprehensive community involvement process and multiple opportunities for public involvement through open houses, workshops, surveys and City Council meetings.
Site rezoning will include the development of detailed policies, design guidelines, and development standards for reuse of the site. New development projects would be required to follow the zoning, policies, programs, and guidelines set forth by City Council and certified by the Coastal Commission as the site is located in the Coastal Zone. The rezoning of the Mill Site would allow and prohibit different uses in different area, but it does not make any specific project happen. The amount of actual development that occurs on the site will depend on development feasibility, market demand, interest rates, the cost of infrastructure and the zoning requirements.
In the links below, please find staff reports to City Council that describe the zoning process to date. Please also sign up for notifications through Notify Me (add link) to receive updates about meetings and workshops.
- 02-06-2017 Mill Site Plan Staff Report (PDF)
- Illustrative Vision Plan (PDF)
- 01-2012 Land Use Plan (PDF)
- Draft Specific Plan-Table of Contents (PDF)
- Draft Specific Plan-Cover and Acknowledgements (PDF)
- Draft Specific Plan-Chapter 1, Introduction (PDF)
- Draft Specific Plan-Chapter 2, Land Use Development Standards (PDF)
- Draft Specific Plan-Chapter 3, Multi-Modal Circulation, Streetscape, and Stormwater (PDF)
- Draft Specific Plan-Chapter 4, Sustainable Design Plan (PDF)
- Draft Specific Plan-Chapter 5, Open Space, Parks, and Resource Conservation (PDF)
- Draft Specific Plan-Chapter 6, Hazards (PDF)
- Draft Specific Plan-Chapter 7, Utilities and Public Services (PDF)
- Draft Specific Plan-Chapter 8, Implementation and Phasing (PDF)
- Draft Specific Plan-Chapter 9, Glossary and List of Acronyms (PDF)
- Proposed Parking and Loading Changes (PDF)