Homeless Services Facility
On January 12, 2015, the Fort Bragg City Council adopted a Resolution approving the use of 2014 Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds to acquire the former Old Coast Hotel. On April 27, 2015, City Council adopted a Resolution approving a Forgivable Loan Agreement with Mendocino Coast Hospitality Center for acquisition and rehabilitation activities. The property will accommodate a variety of homeless and mental health services including transitional housing.
Located at 101 North Franklin Street, the facility will be operated by the Mendocino Coast Hospitality Center (MCHC) and provide the following services: v Case management and support for people with mental health problems
- Case management and support for people who are or have been homeless
- Wellness center activities and programming
- MCHC administrative offices
- Five rooms of transitional housing
The property will be used by MCHC to consolidate in one location several services they currently offer at various locations throughout the City. The Hospitality House Emergency Shelter at 237 North McPherson, its meal programs, and its services will NOT be relocated to the Old Coast Hotel property. The only housing provided at the new property will be Transitional Housing which provides a transitional step to permanent housing. Overnight lodging, meals and showers for Emergency Shelter guests will NOT be provided at the new location.
The following links provide further information on the history of the Homeless Services Facility Acquisition and Rehabilitation Project.
- 01-07-14 Design Phase PH Minutes (PDF)
- 02-24-14 Minutes P3-4 CDBG App Direction (PDF)
- 03-24-14 Minutes CDBG PreApp Public Hearing (PDF)
- 02-24-14 CDBG SuperNOFA App Direction (PDF)
- 03-24-14 CDBG 2014 SuperNOFA PreApp PH Report (PDF)
- 01-09-15 MCHC Letter to City Council (PDF)
- 01-12-15 Agenda Summary Report (PDF)
- Homeless Services Facility Fact Sheet (PDF)
- 04/27/15 Agenda Summary Report (PDF)
Final Forgivable Loan Documents: