There are a number of public and private committees and organizations that offer valuable business assistance, often at no cost. Here are links to some local resources along a brief description of what they can do to help you start, or grow, your business. See also the Links of Interest page for other valuable resources and contacts.
Fort Bragg City Government
Visit Fort Bragg
Mendocino Coast Chamber of Commerce
Economic Development & Financing Corporation
Mendocino County Business Services Director
Mendocino County Business Improvement District
- California Association for Micro Enterprise Opportunity
1. Fort Bragg City GovernmentThe City welcomes new businesses and works toward the continued success of existing businesses. The Community Development Department offers a Business Assistance Program, which makes it easy to do business in Fort Bragg. City representatives help local entrepreneurs with everything from business licenses, market data, links to technical and financial assistance, and special projects, to permitting for signs, zoning, and building permits. 707-961-2827.
2. Visit Fort Bragg Visit Fort Bragg is the Promotion Committee made up of 5 to 7 community-minded volunteers whose objective is to promote this coastal city as a travel and retail destination. It was originally formed in 1999 by business people -lodging, retail, and restaurant owners- who knew it was important to market Fort Bragg. In order to increase spending within the city, generate additional tax revenues and, in turn, expand income and employment within Fort Bragg, it is important to focus efforts on promotion.
The West Company offers micro-business entrepreneurs help in starting and running their businesses. West Company is the City's Program Operator for Microenterprise Assistance, providing Technical Assistance and Financial Assistance to income-qualified entrepreneurs. They provide free business consulting and training services to both start-ups and existing micro businesses, including business development workshops, consulting services for marketing, business plans, and business loans. Please complete a request for assistance form at West Company website or call 707-964-7571 for more information.
4. Mendocino Coast Chamber of CommerceThe Chamber of Commerce is a member based organization, serving members from Westport to Gualala. The member benefits they offer include:
◦Printed and electronic newsletters
They also promote the Mendocino Coast to visitors, run the Visitor Center, and act as the Mendocino County film industry liaison. 707-961-6300.
5. Economic Development & Financing CorporationThe Economic Development and Financing Corporation is a Mendocino county-wide business assistance organization. If you are expanding an existing business or bringing a new business to Fort Bragg, they can offer financial and technical assistance, marketing, and help with site selection. 707-467-5953.
6. Mendocino County Business Services DirectoryThe Mendocino County Business Services Directory provides local, state and federal resources for new and expanding businesses. They can assist you with starting or expanding your business; job training and employer services; and links to countywide business resources. Contact the County Economic Development Coordinator for more information.
7. Mendocino County Business Improvement DistrictThe Mendocino County Tourism Commission (MCTC) is dedicated to the growth of the travel and tourism industry throughout Mendocino County and provides tourist information for consumers and assistance to our tourism partners throughout the county. We market the county’s travel opportunities, businesses, events and specials throughout United States and world with a variety of programs and partnerships.
8. California Association for Micro Enterprise Opportunity
California Association for Micro Enterprise Opportunity (CAMEO) is a membership organization that provides small businesses with training, business and credit assistance and loans.