Fort Bragg Advantages
There are many reasons to live and work in Fort Bragg. Fort Bragg Advantages outlines just a few of them:
- A rich history of fishing, logging and lumber processing which contribute to community ambiance and character.
- A variety of excellent employers, which add to the high quality of life, such as:
- College of the Redwoods
- Mendocino Coast District Hospital
- Harvest Market
- Access to a well educated qualified workforce.
- Active revitalization of the 425-acre Mill Site will result in a new 3.5 mile coastal trail and parklands, the Noyo Center, and residential and commercial development.
- An active and involved community characterized by small-town friendliness, great business involvement and networking, and cultural diversity.
- Association with the “Mendocino” name/branding strength for higher-end products and the hospitality sector.
- Beautiful and accessible natural environment, ocean access, rugged coast line, redwood forest, beaches, and mountains which provide venues for a variety of outdoor activities and scenic qualities.
- Exceptional quality recreational opportunities such as: sport fishing, scuba diving, surfing, sea kayaking, beach combing, canoeing, horseback riding, hiking, bird watching, swimming, and walking.
- Limited traffic congestion, air pollution, crime and related urban ills.
- Natural and historic assets, including: Fort Bragg’s historic and vibrant downtown, the Skunk Train, Glass Beach, Pomo Bluffs, our coastline, Guest House Museum, the C.V. Starr Community Center featuring the Sigrid & Harry Spath Aquatic Facility, etc.
- Regional retail and employment center for the Mendocino Coast.
- Unique, visually interesting small town character with quality retail, a mix of restaurants, and local events.
- Well established artistic and cultural scene of community-based theater, music, fine arts and crafts.