Check for job openings
NOTE: The City of Fort Bragg accepts applications only for positions currently in the recruitment process - unsolicited applications and resumes will be returned!
Application procedures vary with each position but generally require submission of an Application for Employment and resume. Please refer to the applicable job position for details on application requirements for the position that interests you.
Tips for submitting a successful application packet:
- Read the Job Posting for specific position requirements and documents necessary to ensure a complete application packet.
- Use the correct employment application forms provided on this site; for the fillable form, keep in mind that text boxes have limited space and text which exceeds the limit will not print.
- Do not include confidential information such as age, date of birth, or year of graduation from high school.
- Applications must be printed and signed - digital signatures will not be accepted. Print the application form single-sided.
- Do not staple any pages of your application packet.
- Do not submit your application packet in any kind of folder.
- Applications must be received by the HR Office no later than the advertised deadline
You are also invited to browse our Job Descriptions and submit an Interest Card for any position you would like to apply for, should an opening occur. Interest Cards can be picked up at the Human Resources Office located at the address note Contact Us box to the right.
Please stop by our offices or email us with your name, address, telephone number, and the position(s) you are interested in; please note that you need one Interest Card for each position for which you want notification.
|Why Work for the City of Fort Bragg?|
The City of Fort Bragg is located on the scenic Mendocino Coast, surrounded by beautiful redwood forests and the Pacific Ocean. Living in Fort Bragg offers a high quality of life with quiet, friendly residential neighborhoods, good public schools, excellent restaurants, picturesque downtown shopping areas and abundant recreational opportunities. The community has a thriving visual and performing arts scene. Thousands of acres of State parks and State forest lands and miles of beaches offer limitless access to the splendor of the Mendocino Coast. See for yourself by visiting www.fortbragg.com.
The City of Fort Bragg employs just over 55 staff members and offers a wide range of opportunities for career development and growth. With excellent salary and benefits, including a retirement program partially funded by the City, the City is an excellent place to start your career, develop new skills or continue your career development.
City of Fort Bragg employees are considered disaster service worker pursuant to Government Code 3100 and 3102 and are required to take an oath upon appointment.