Permits, Applications & Informational Brochures

Building Permits

Planning Permits

Sidewalk Vending Application

Encroachment Permits

Encroachment permits (PDF) are required any time a person wishes to encroach upon a city right-of-way (sidewalk or street). For example, an encroachment permit would be required for events including, but not limited to:

  • Small Wireless Communications Facility Permit Application Form  
  • Sidewalk, curb and gutter installation or repair;
  • Closing parking spaces for specific uses;
  • Driveway installation;
  • Trenching in a city street;
  • Sidewalk sales;
  • Power-washing and/or painting a building where you need to put up ladders or scaffolding on the sidewalk;
  • Window washing where you need to put up scaffolding on the sidewalk;
  • Special events such as parades, car shows, farmers' market, etc. which require closing of a city street.

For businesses seeking permission for on-going activities like utilities, window washing, and maintenance please complete and submit a Annual Permit Application.

Development Within the Coastal Zone

Development Outside the Coastal Zone

Sign Permits

Other Informational Brochures